Mission Statement of the Franklin County Family Resource Center
TO PROMOTE SAFE AND HEALTHY LIVING ENVIRONMENTS
FOR FRANKLIN COUNTY FAMILIES IN CRISIS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
RED FLAGS OF AN UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP:
- Blames others for own faults
- Drug/Alcohol use/abuse
- History of family violence
- Fascination with weapons
- Strong gender stereotypes
- Difficulty with authority
- Cannot express emotions verbally
- Treats partner like property or something they "possess"
- Isolaties you from friends, family
- Blows up at little things
- Thinks it's OK to resolve conflict with violence
IN THE NEWS...
click on the link below for the application
1ST ANNUAL FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 5K RUN regis form
FORMA DE REGISTRO
Family Resource Center operates a 24 hour domestic violence hotline. If
you or someone you know is in a violent relationship please call, we
are here to help!
IF SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS BEING ABUSED...
- Listen - "I believe you."
- Acknowledge - "No one deserves to be abused."
- Express Concern - "I am concerned for your safety."
- *Respect their Choices - "It's important for you to make decisions that are best for you."
- Be Supportive - "You are not alone."
- Provide Encouragement - "The Family Resource Center Hotline is anonymous & confidential. You could call them for help; I could sit with you when you do."
MAN UP - BE AN ADVOCATE - STOP THE VIOLENCE