RED FLAGS OF AN UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP:
- Blames others for own faults
- Drug/Alcohol use/abuse
- History of family violence
- Fascination with weapons
- Strong gender stereotypes
- Difficulty with authority
- Cannot express emotions verbally
- Treats partner like property or something they "possess"
- Isolaties you from friends, family
- Blows up at little things
- Thinks it's OK to resolve conflict with violence
MAY FEATURE STORY
One of the 16 programs the Franklin County
Family Resource Center operates is an
Emergency Domestic Violence Shelter. When a victim and their children are assisted by this program, they are provided many of the comforts most take for granted like, shelter, warm bed, clothing and food. Food is extremely exspensive. The SML Rotary Club heard our plea for help in purchasing "meats for meals" and did just that! The SML Rotarians donated $500.00 to purchase meats for meals, (breakfast, lunch, supper) and just look what we were able to get!
SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE ROTARY CLUB!
May 7, 2016
10:00am - 2:00pm
Franklin County High School
Law parking lot
480 Tanyard Road, Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Baked Goods & Drinks
This is an Awareness & Fundraising Event
Friends of the Family Resource Center
IF SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS BEING ABUSED...
- Listen - "I believe you."
- Acknowledge - "No one deserves to be abused."
- Express Concern - "I am concerned for your safety."
- *Respect their Choices - "It's important for you to make decisions that are best for you."
- Be Supportive - "You are not alone."
- Provide Encouragement - "The Family Resource Center Hotline is anonymous & confidential. You could call them for help; I could sit with you when you do."
MAN UP - BE AN ADVOCATE - STOP THE VIOLENCE