Mission Statement of the Franklin County Family Resource Center
TO PROMOTE SAFE AND HEALTHY LIVING ENVIRONMENTS
FOR FRANKLIN COUNTY FAMILIES IN CRISIS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
RED FLAGS OF AN UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP:
- Blames others for own faults
- Drug/Alcohol use/abuse
- History of family violence
- Fascination with weapons
- Strong gender stereotypes
- Difficulty with authority
- Cannot express emotions verbally
- Treats partner like property or something they "possess"
- Isolaties you from friends, family
- Blows up at little things
- Thinks it's OK to resolve conflict with violence
Thank you Redwood UM Women & Searchers Small Group!
JulyFeature: The FRC TEAM would like to thank the Redwood United Methodist Women's Group and the Searchers Small Group for their committment to the families we serve through our Shelter Program. The "Pillow Project" was a success. All beds now have brand new pillows for the heads of weary-eyed victims and their children to rest their head on at night. Bless you all for caring!
IF SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS BEING ABUSED...
- Listen - "I believe you."
- Acknowledge - "No one deserves to be abused."
- Express Concern - "I am concerned for your safety."
- *Respect their Choices - "It's important for you to make decisions that are best for you."
- Be Supportive - "You are not alone."
- Provide Encouragement - "The Family Resource Center Hotline is anonymous & confidential. You could call them for help; I could sit with you when you do."