Mission Statement of the Franklin County Family Resource Center
TO PROMOTE SAFE AND HEALTHY LIVING ENVIRONMENTS
FOR FRANKLIN COUNTY FAMILIES IN CRISIS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
RED FLAGS OF AN UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP:
- Blames others for own faults
- Drug/Alcohol use/abuse
- History of family violence
- Fascination with weapons
- Strong gender stereotypes
- Difficulty with authority
- Cannot express emotions verbally
- Treats partner like property or something they "possess"
- Isolaties you from friends, family
- Blows up at little things
- Thinks it's OK to resolve conflict with violence
APRIL Feature: "CHILD ABUSE AWARENESS MONTH"
Although this photo is a "throw back" from years past, the children of our community aren't. During the month of April, we would like to remind folks that children are a blessing and as adults we are their protectors. Hands are for hugging, not hurting. If you know of a child in need of help please call 483-9247 and make a report of suspected child abuse.
The pinwheel says it all: "EVERY CHILD MATTERS"
Kids Bill of Rights
- Kids have the right to be kids.
- Kids have the right to be safe.
- Kids have the right to stay out of the middle of their
- Kids have the right to love both their parent’s even if the parent’s don’t love each other anymore.
- Kids have the right to not hear bad things from one parent about the other.
- Kids have the right to say when they don’t want to talk about something that is an adult issue.
- Kids have the right to like themselves.
- Kids have the right to be happy.
IF SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS BEING ABUSED...
- Listen - "I believe you."
- Acknowledge - "No one deserves to be abused."
- Express Concern - "I am concerned for your safety."
- *Respect their Choices - "It's important for you to make decisions that are best for you."
- Be Supportive - "You are not alone."
- Provide Encouragement - "The Family Resource Center Hotline is anonymous & confidential. You could call them for help; I could sit with you when you do."
MAN UP - BE AN ADVOCATE - STOP THE VIOLENCE