Farming contributes to the Franklin County jobs base and overall economy, as well as providing added stability to community values. Franklin County is home to over 160,000 acres of farmland which is equal to 38% of the total acreage of the County. This land bank of agricultural uses provides great natural beauty to the County, as well as economic strength, and enhances the marketability of the community. Those visiting the County will experience the diversity of its production, from large scale dairy, beef, and crop production to vegetables, nursery crops, and farm stands.
How does Franklin County Stack Up?
- #2 in value of milk from cows
- #2 in acres of corn silage
- #7 in cattle and calves inventory
- #7 in value of sales of tobacco
- #8 in acres of hay and forage production
- #12 in total value of agriculture products sold